Mason containers aren’t simply for Grandmas in addition to their homegrown pickles any longer! There are plenty of special and flexible ways to use https://datingranking.net/best-hookup-apps/ this traditional kitchen solution. See my personal section on Creative ways to use Mason containers….and especially when Marlon Wayans (most useful recognize for aˆ?White Chicksaˆ? and aˆ?Scary Movieaˆ?) got a scare of his very own when he met with the satisfaction of testing our very own well-known, southern delicacy: icy, raw Blueberry Pancakes in a Jar. Hey, it was only a prop, I becamen’t planning on one to actually devour they!
1. change their blender into a Magic Bullet! I favor the concept of the magic pill and it’s really power to write individualized smoothies centered on private tastes. But my personal 14-year-old blender still is lively and throwing, so I don’t need to (nor like to) buy one more kitchen appliance to use up valuable space for storing.
Did you know that a standard mason container can be utilized in place of the pitcher of many blenders? Yes, it certainly can! Most detachable blade assemblies attach correct onto a small-mouth Mason jar. I enjoy shop a few aˆ?smoothie packagesaˆ? (for example. a blend of protein dust, ultra Seed, P2P, flax seed, etc.) in containers inside my kitchen, next toss in the best frozen good fresh fruit for a fast, single-serve smoothie. And because i could drink they directly from container, you’ll find significantly less meals to cleanse. Which is a WIN-WIN for my situation!
Photo Credit Score Rating
2. Blueberry Pancakes in a container. On a busy weekday morning who would like to getting caught flipping pancakes over a hot griddle? Perhaps not me personally! For this reason I ENJOY this amazing time-saver of having ready-to-cook people Blueberry Pancakes in a Jar. Your own kiddos can just seize a jar, put it from inside the microwave and break fast are offered…all if you are slowly running up out of bed.
Foods 1 cup flour (I prefer whole-wheat pastry flour) 1 TB baking powder 2 TB glucose (or Stevia) 2 TB melted butter 3/4 glass milk Blueberries (new or frozen)
Bundle flour, baking powder, and glucose in a small bowl, and whisk until blended. Gently blend in melted margarine and whole milk until merged. Do not over combine.
Shop in a single day in fridge. Whenever ready eat, only seize one, take away the top, and make from inside the microwave oven (1 instant for small jars, or 90 seconds for bigger jars). Top with hot syrup.And the good thing: it is possible to consume these straight out with the jar. That is CLASS with a capital aˆ?K,aˆ? ya’ll!
3. Make-ahead Salad in a Jar. They are amazing to prepare a few days in advance, shop for the refrigerator and seize when you’re going outside or want an easy dish in the home. The important thing is coating the heavy and damp foods 1ST, therefore, the some other items continue to be crisp and new. Here is a good example of ideas on how to covering the salad:
1) BOTTOM aˆ“ dressing/liquid 2) Heavy ingredients which endure really whenever submerged in dressing aˆ“ beans, cucumbers, radishes, onion 3) heavier items that you might not need straight touching the dressing when stored 4) Leafy greens/light things that fill up plenty of room aˆ“ oatmeal, kale, chard, arugula 5) a tiny bit of hefty feature stuff aˆ“ peanuts, vegetables, dried-fruit, croutons, feature herbs 6) TOP aˆ“ colorful elements to improve your taste buds whenever you take available the jar aˆ“ fruit, delicious blossoms, natural herbs
Pic Credit Score Rating
4. DIY Powder Glucose Shaker. I love to sprinkle a tiny bit powdered glucose on french toast or brownies, but certainly absolutely a giant mess that comes after when We pull-out that crumpled bag. To prevent that, I placed a few glasses in a Mason container, seize a lid, hammer and lightweight tack nail. Generate various gaps and…voila…you’ve had gotten your self a mess-free solution to enjoy all that white, powdery benefits!
Photo Credit Score Rating
5. Foam whole milk without a frother. Do not have a fancy-schmancy espresso maker with connected dairy steamer? Don’t worry. Merely complete a little container with a little milk products (at the most halfway) and shake till the whole milk possess doubled in proportions. Pop off the cover and microwave the milk products for approximately half a minute.
6. Selfmade Dishes Gifts Containers. Well, duh, this’s pretty self-explanatory, but i possibly couldn’t let it rest down. We have most likely all obtained or given a aˆ?Cookie blend in a Jar.aˆ? This year we offered ChexA® Muddy BuddiesA® Christmas Surprise Jars. Take a look at tutorial here.
7. shop volume meals When I get home from Sprouts, it’s my job to have actually several large, synthetic handbags full of lentils, quino and raw almonds. Keeping issues newly made for the pantry, i take advantage of my handy-dandy KitchenAid professional Funnel to conveniently complete the containers and put my mass items on the shelves. I think my personal border-line OCD hubby appreciates the time and effort, also.
8. frost Leftover Soups and Stews in Jars. I know many of us are attempting to improve change from plastic to glass in relation to food storage space because previous studies have linked chemical like BPA, phthalates, and PFCs to health issues in humans. Whenever feasible, I like to utilize containers for items we want to keep for very long periods of time. I’ll complete a jar with leftover soups, screw in the cover, mark it using a sharpie, and place they for the fridge. Make sure you best fill to 2/3 filled up with water to accommodate expansion otherwise the container may break.